WELCOME HOME DILLON!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND A JOB WELL DONE!
SPC Dillon Ramos Bio:
Dillon finished BCT/OSUT Combat Engineering in August 2009.
- Dillon earned a sharp shooter qualification.
- During basic training Dillon volunteered for airborne school. Dillon completed training and graduated with basic airborne wings, and became a US Army paratrooper in September 2009.
- Dillon was assigned to 4/25th Airborne Brigade Combat Team at Fort Richardson, Alaska, where he’s currently stationed as part of the 425 BSTB Alpha Company.
- In November 2009 Dillon was married to Jessica Dilworth.
- Dillon went to Armory school in January 2010 and became an armorer as his secondary duty.
- Dillon was responsible for maintaining several million dollars of arms and equipment.
- In March of 2011 Dillon participated in a joint military exercise with the Canadian forces and earned his Canadian airborne wings.
- In April of 2011 Dillon was selected to attend Air Assault School in Schofield Barrack’s in Hawaii, completed the course and earned his air assault wings.
- In August of 2011 Dillon went to Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri and to Fort Polk, Louisiana for training to prepare for the deployment to Afghanistan.
- December 2011 Dillon deployed to Afghanistan to Forward Operating Base Salerno.
- Dillon’s company was tasked with the mission of route recon and route clearance where they conducted counter IED operations.
- Dillon earned his combat action badge while he was in Afghanistan and also earned his ARCOM for exemplary military service.
When Dillon returns home, he is planning to continue his military service by joining the Massachusetts National Guards.
Dillon’s Flight Arrives in Boston, Logan Airport at 10:45 AM (as with any flight we always need to be prepared for delays or changes)
A Hero’s Welcome Hotline for last minute updates and changes is 484-679-1717, this would be good to share with everyone who may be participating in welcoming home SPC Ramos.
I’ll keep everyone updated as I get Dillon’s info. -J. Barry