Mission: Veterans Inc.’s mission is to help veterans re-gain control of their lives so we can eliminate homelessness among veterans. In many cases, Veterans Inc. actually saves lives, as our clients tell us time and again. We aim to remain a leading provider of services that improve the lives of veterans and their families by providing the highest quality services; and continuing to create new opportunities in the areas of health, employment and housing.
Philosophy: Veterans Inc. operates according to the philosophy that veterans have earned the respect and gratitude of our nation and that in return, Veterans Inc. shall provide them with whatever services are needed. Our philosophy is summed up with the phrase:
They were there when we needed them.
We must be there now that they need us.
Values: Veterans Inc. pledges the total commitment of its resources to veterans and their families, by providing:
- Direct services or referral to all veterans and/or their families who request assistance
- Emergency assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- A tireless effort to find housing, both transitional and permanent, to homeless veterans and those at risk of being homeless
- Job enhancement skills, job search skills and individually advanced training for improved employment opportunities
- Advocacy on a local, state and national level to help address the needs of the veteran population
- Reminders to our country’s civilian members of the sacrifices that veterans have made so that all could live free.
Please contact Veterans Inc. at 800.482.2565 or email them at [email protected] their webpage at: veteransinc.org
69 Grove Street
Worcester, MA 01605
- Veterans are twice as likely as other Americans to become chronically homeless.
- Veterans represent just about one tenth of the adult civilian population, but nearly two thirds of the homeless population.
- Younger veterans suffer much higher jobless rates than older veterans.
- The incidence of PTSD and suicide rates among veterans is climbing.